Monday, July 2, 2012

Blood Donation info

Serena and I had hoped to donate blood last weekend in case Andy needs another transfusion in the next few weeks, but alas there are some restrictions...If a potential donor has had - piercings or tattoo's in the past year (with the exception of ear lobe piercings-go figure) he/she cannot donate Donor's must stop any aspirin, Ibuprofen, aleve (anticoagulant) 48 hours prior to donation. Here is their site link (http://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/donating_blood/index.html) The doctors anticipate that Andy may need another unit or two during this admission. Any donor who designates their donation to Andy will need a order form filled out by the staff and signed by his doctor prior to the donation and the unit is only good for a short period of time, I think that it is 3 weeks.  Thank you in advance if you are able to donate to Andy or to any other recipient.

1 comment:

  1. Chelle,

    Do I need to call and make an appointment to do that while I am there? I am a little unsure of the process and I didn't get a lot of information from the packet you were so nice to send. :) Thanks so much! <3

    ReplyDelete